TO Comix Press
Based in Toronto, Ontario
6" x 9" Perfectbound Softcover
24 stories from 50 GTA creators.
May 15th 2018
Press / Business contact:
In a city of competitive wizard barristas, nervous werewolves and scoundrel Trash Pandas, you'll find some of the best upcoming comic creators! We're back again with 24 fresh comics from local indie veterans and first-time creators. From the strange giants that prowl Kensington at midnight, the vengeful Pacific Mall dance mafia, or the dragon-hunting wannabes working Queen street, we've got stories inspired by every part of the city we love.
With a cover by Irma Kniivila (Ms. Marvel) and a foreword from Chip Zdarsky (Archie, Jughead), we’re excited to bring you a new generation of Canadian talent!
Press ReleasesMarch 1, 2018 - Kickstarter launches!
"After four successful crowdfunding campaigns, the Toronto Comics Anthology is launching it’s fifth kickstarter for the latest book in the popular series celebrating upcoming creators. This 220-page book features 24 new stories set in and about Toronto, all created by local comic writers and artists." ( cont'd )
About TO Comix Press
We publish comics celebrating upcoming creators and diverse voices. We're dedicated to transparency, and helping build a supportive and kind comics community. You can find us at most major Ontario conventions, and at our monthly social events in Toronto!
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve sold over 7,500 books and raised over $75,000 on Kickstarter. We’ve been nominated for the Gene Day Award for excellence in self-publishing in 2015, 2016, and 2017, and were also nominated for the Canadian Science Fiction & Fantasy Associations Aurora Award in 2016.
There are far more images available for Toronto Comics: Osgoode As Gold, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- Publisher TO Comix Press has been nominated for the Gene Day Award for excellence in Self-Publishing in 2015, 2016, and 2017 - Joe Shuster Awards
Praise for the Toronto Comics Anthology series
- "Toronto is a wonderful city. These are wonderful comics. That can’t just be a coincidence."
- Jeff Lemire, Official Site
- "Toronto is a wellspring of creative talent and this anthology is a perfect way to introduce people to the next generation of Canadian comic creators."
- Jim Zub ( Thunderbolts, Wayward, Samurai Jack ), Zub Tables
- "Toronto is like a Hellmouth, but instead of evil, it draws outstanding comic book talent. I’ve lived here my whole life and generation after generation, pound for pound, we got it going on. Thanks to anthologies like this, the whole world will know."
- Kalman Andrasofszky, Tumblr
- "The talent in Toronto is incredible, and this collection goes a long way to highlight the depth, ability, and diversity of emerging comic book storytellers in this city. Watch these names - if you don’t know them yet, you will soon!"
- Hope Nicholson ( Secret Loves of Geek Girls, Brok Windsor ), Bedside Press
- "Toronto is considered a comic book mecca and if you didn’t know that before picking up this book, you’ll understand why after reading the eclectic, amusing, and diverse comics presented here by a collective of multi-talented creators living, creating, and being inspired by their city."
- J. Torres ( Teen Titans Go!, True Patriot ), J Torres Comics
- "If you’re from Toronto, and you enjoy comics, then you have no excuse. This book was created LITERALLY for you. What else are you going to read on the Queen streetcar?"
- Ty Templeton ( Batman 66, The Simpsons ), Ty Templeton's Art Land
Table of Contents
- CenotaphUrban FantasyGhostsTime-worn ghosts try to make sense of a city that's long forgotten them.
- The Wolf of WellesleyWerewolvesIsolationScript and art:Lacey BrannenA lonely smalltown woman comes to the big city in search of others like her. You know, werewolves.
- MirroredUrban FantasyBarristasScript and art:Sam BeckBeneath Bay Station, Toronto's magical elite compete for eternal stardom.
- Catnap CafeChaseUrban FantasyScript and art:Saffron AuroraA daydream at the cat cafe leaves a woman forever changed.
- Bandit Bargain Basement BonanazaComedyTrash PandasHow DO trash pandas fence all their sweet loot?
- Betty and the Blue JaysSlice of lifeHistoryA love of the game connects a family through the generations.
- Part-Time KnightFantasyTheatreTreason in the King's court drives a minimum-wage serf to take center stage.
- My Heart Burns for TheeFoodComedyScript:Peter HawryshArt:Keith GrachowWith grim determination, a man enters a CNE eating competition to win the heart of his true love.
- The GoosefighterWild WestRude GeeseThis U ain't big enough for the 2 of us.
- Otto's Fantastic Doner-Kebab Time MachineScifiTourismA drunken date goes interdimensional thanks to the power of a disco washroom.
- Whose Line?Slice of lifeComedyThe hottest new trend is here! Probably. Maybe? Definitely.
- ErasureResidential SchoolsHistoryIt's easy to pretend history didn't happen, but it still shapes today.
- Leave it to LeoComedyHistoryScript:Robert PincombePencils:Robert PincombeInks:Laurie FosterColourist:Valerie St GelaisThe eldest scoundrel of a 1940's comics crew conjures a caper.
- The FlightRomanceLGBTScript and art:Kat VerhoevenShe hasn't felt safe biking since the accident. But a rush order and a mystery rider draw her back into the rush.
- The FloodSlice of lifeComedyWhile the city is washed out, four teens boat out to the Island in search of adventure!
- FinalMIX! Difficulty: Expert!Competitive DanceRevenge is a dish best served at 120 bpm.
- Procyon TorontorTrash PandasWordlessA raccoon with a notched ear endures the seasons.
- Dream JobMillenialsMagicScript and art:Haley MillmanAfter years of not quite hacking it, an amateur monster hunter considers giving up.
- SHIFTTempsFantasyTwo seasonal slackers guard the rift gate to eerie Vaughn.
- Finkel and SonsHistoryRaceA Jewish shopkeeper's son must quickly decide how best to protect his family.
- NocturneUrban FantasyMonstersWordlessWhen all of Kensington is safely asleep, stranger citizens come out to play.
- The Good, the Bad, and the DanforthComedyFilmAn arrogant film star goes all-in at a shady no-limit poker game.
- Jane & FinchKidsMean StreetsAn anthromorphic representation of Jane Street looks for her lost friend.
- TTC GothicHorrorIllustrationAtmospheric TTC horror.
- Wheel girlsFriendshipIllustrationScript and art:Marcia IwasakiBicycle illustration
- Ode to the TO ToadParodyIllustrationScript and art:Casey ParsonsWhisky Kaiju illustration
- Here & EverywhereFilmIllustrationScript and art:Vivi PartridgeA guide to the many films shot in TO!
Creators available for interview
Toronto Comics: Yonge at Heart Kickstarter
Kickstarter for last year's Toronto Comics anthology.
Wayward Sisters Kickstarter
Our 2017 first wide-audience anthology was an enormous success!
Production Editor & Marketing Coordinator